Did you know you may be eligible for a reimbursement from your current health insurance provider for your wig?
In fact, most insurance companies will cover between 80% and 100% of the purchase price of a wig or hairpiece for medically related hair replacement purposes.
Weave Got the Look accepts health insurance plans that accept out of network medical providers and Health Savings Account Plans (HSA). The WGL team is knowledgeable in this area and can ensure that your wig receipt has the acceptable medical billing codes and verbiage.
Mistakes such as referring to the product as a "Wig" versus a "Cranial Hair Prosthesis" will cause an immediate denial. More importantly, your doctor must provide a letter or prescription for your hair piece or wig due to medically related hair loss. Having this information will result in a paid claim as a medical necessity.
The key is knowing what Insurance companies cover cranial prosthesis and exactly what your insurance plan covers. You can find this information in your plan under durable medical equipment coverage.
To strengthen your claim, you can submit the written prescription and wig invoice details, along with a personal note and photo detailing the psychological effect the hair loss has had on you.
What You Need to File a Claim
- Medical Hair Loss Diagnosis from Doctor.
- Contact Insurance for a Prior Authorization - Cranial Hair Prosthesis.
- Prescription from your Doctor for a “Cranial Hair Prosthesis” with HCPC diagnosis code, NPI#.
- Contact us to shop for your Medical Wig based on your coverage amount.
- Invoice for Cranial Hair Prosthesis Wig provided by us.
- Submit insurance claim paperwork or we can submit claim on your behalf.